Monday, March 4, 2013

Technology in Education: A Brief Introduction from Dr. Rueben Puentedura

  
Being in full-throttle dissertation-writing mode, I've been looking more closely at some technology integration models that I'm going to discuss as part of my research. One such model I've examined was

SAMR


developed by Dr. Rueben Peuntedura, and is often known as SAMR. The acronym stands for four levels of tech implementation: Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, and Redefinition.

Rather than describe SAMR again, I'll just embed a video of Dr. Puentedura describing it himself. In addition, he discusses two other models of tech integration: TPACK (Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge), and one that he doesn't have a name for yet.





This a a GREAT, concise 13 minute description of how one might think about effectively transforming  teaching and learning with technology.

TPACK


I particularly like this "focusing layer" he describes at about 11:20.



No comments:

Post a Comment