The XYZ is focused on developing innovative and interactive learning solutions that engage the learner and support our culture of sharing and fun. Our blended learning approach enables the ongoing development of our staff’s proficiency levels and directly impacts targeted business objectives.
The Lead Instructional Designer will assess, design, develop, implement, evaluate, maintain and project manage relevant and targeted, competency-based learning programs (integrating communications, documentation, education, training and gaming), including: job aids, leader led materials, job shadowing experiences, coaching tools, web-based e-learning, interactive games, simulations, collaborative learning structures, community development, interactive video, webinars, leader led materials, learning apps, mobile learning, testing and certifications, as well as other integrated staff and culture development initiatives.
- Consult with internal clients and peers to determine optimal and fun learning and development strategies for our staff and/or managers.
- Perform and/or lead the needs analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation, maintenance, project management and vendor management of blended learning programs
- Leverage the latest in interactive and learning technologies to engage and enhance learning, including: e-learning tools (MS Office, Articulate, Authoring tools, webinar tools), interactive development tools (Adobe CS – Photoshop, Director, Premiere, Flash Catalyst) and collaboration platforms (portals, LMS, blogs, wikis, etc.).
- Move the bar in innovative learning and culture development for the managers and staff at XYZ
- 7 years Instructional Design lead or higher job experience, with 5 years focused on e-learning or interactive media.
- Project Management experience
- Client Management experience
- Expert in Instructional Design and Project Management methodology and execution
- Strong e-learning content/storyboarding development experience, including: web-based training, simulation development, interactive video, gaming, and collaborative/social learning design/development expertise
- Journalism/technical writing experience preferred
- Expert in MS Office applications, primarily: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Strong experience with standard e-learning development tools: Articulate, Lectora, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite, such as: Acrobat, Connect, Photoshop, etc.
- Proficient in establishing training metrics and measurements (benchmarking, ROI)
- Proficient with test and survey development tools, such as Perception, QuizMaker, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe products such as Director, Premiere, Flash Catalyst, Dreamweaver, InDesign preferred
- Experience developing for webinar tools, such as Connect, Webex, Centra, GoToMtg preferred
- Proficient with screen capture / simulation tools, such as Camtasia and/or Captivate preferred
- Proficient with content management and database tools, such as Access or SharePoint Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS)
- Expert level certifications in Instructional Design, with an emphasis on e-learning and collaboration/social learning tools preferred
- Experience enabling SCORM/AICC content deployment via LMS and content management systems preferred
- College degree, or equivalent education and job experience in Instructional Systems Design required; Masters degree in instructional design preferred
Ok, what’s you’re guess? Bet you didn’t guess The Cheesecake Factory. edReformer has run stories about the sophisticated learning scientist at Boeing; you might guess that given all the government funding for advanced technology. But who would have guessed that a restaurant chain would be more sophisticated about multiple learning modalities than most local school districts? When outcomes matter, organizations find rapid pathways to mastery.